Saturday, February 11, 2017

New year, new books.

Okay, so this year I am going to a new thing. 
Instead of just reading whatever and keeping a list at the side of my blog of books I have finished, I am going to make a list of books I want to read and put that in the list at the side of my blog. As I finish books off the list I will write about them and link those posts to the list. I will continue to keep a list of all the books I have finished at the bottom of the bloggo.

I am very open to suggestions for additions to this list. Some of these are books I have been meaning to read for a long time, others are books I have bought and are sitting unread on my bookshelf. They are all books I have NOT read before. This is what I have so far:
(alphabetical by author)

  • Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen
  • Notes From a Dead House - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • The Beautiful and Damned - F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • Before the Fall - Noah Hawley
  • Dark Summit - Nick Heil
  • The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
  • To Have and Have Not - Ernest Hemingway
  • Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro
  • Milk and Honey - Rupi Kaur
  • The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis
  • Where'd You Go, Bernadette? - Maria Semple
  • Men Explain Things to Me - Rebecca Solnit
  • The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
  • Stunt Water - Buddy Wakefield
  • A Little Life - Hanya Yanagihara

Do you have a favourite book I should add? Let me know. 
I do tend more towards reading the classics. I seem to really enjoy the Steinbeck, Hemingway, Vonnegut era/style. But I am open to reading new things.  

1 comment:

  1. The Secret History - Donna Tartt. Don't buy it you can read my copy :)

    ReplyDelete